Why You Should Work Locum Tenens
Working locum tenens can be a great addition or supplement to a traditional career in healthcare. Whether you’re just starting a career in medicine or are approaching retirement, being a locum tenens provider can be rewarding at any stage of your career.
- Want to earn extra money in addition to your full-time position?
- Like having control over when and where you work?
- Want to “test drive” a position before making a long-term commitment?
- Need to work before a full-time position starts?
- Want to travel the country and work in different facilities and geographic areas?
- Want to work part-time in retirement?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, you should consider a locum tenens opportunity. However, it’s important to understand the nature of locum tenens assignments as certain ones might be better suited for you than others.
Considering locum tenens work? Check out these important tips:
- Be adaptable. You might be working with different technology, EMR systems, and teams.
- Be accessible. Due to the nature of the locum tenens market, hot opportunities are filled quickly. You don’t want to miss out!
- Understand your assignment, including how long it will last.
- Keep your licenses and certifications up to date. This is something that your recruiter can help you with.
- Be prepared. Keep a complete list of credentialing materials handy. You might want these to line up a new assignment as one is coming to an end.
- Sign up for loyalty programs from airlines and hotels to take advantage of travel rewards.
If you think that working locum tenens is right for you, see how Echo can help you find assignments to meet your needs. Get started today.